Do let your inner child cloud your judgement for this.
From Dalgona Coffee to Cookie Cereal, Tiktok has been giving us all sorts of fun and interesting recipes we can easily do in the safety of our homes.
We’re pretty sure that even if you aren’t a fan of this social media app, you were still attracted to these cute recipes trending online including this dreamy version of the Cloud Bread.
If you aren’t familiar, Tiktok’s version of the Cloud Bread is the fluffiest and puffiest bread you’ll probably see on the internet right now. It’s like a softer version of a meringue – a type of dessert made out of whipped egg whites and sugar.
Likewise, the viral Cloud Bread only needs 3 key ingredients. So if you’re in the mood for some magical soft bread, here’s how you can do it!
- 3 egg whites
- 2 1/2 tbsps of sugar
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- Optional: food coloring
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whip your egg whites until it becomes frothy. Best to use a mixer for this.
- Add the sugar -little by little, until it dissolves and the mixture starts to foam up.
- Add the cornstarch and whip until the egg white mixture holds a stiff peak. You can also add the food coloring here just be careful not to overwhip the batter.
- Scoop the mixture onto a baking sheet and shape it into a cloud – or whatever shape you feel like doing.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Did you know that there’s another version of the Cloud Bread that exists since 2008?
Well, this version has 4 ingredients and is perfect for those who are following certain nutritional diets like Gluten-free, Paleo, and Ketogenic diets. Instead of using sugar and cornstarch, this version uses cream cheese, cream of tartar, and any alternative sweetener, making it low on carbs but high in protein. This recipe is a great substitute for sandwich bread.
Whichever version you try to make, the Cloud Bread has a versatile recipe that you can customize, like adding cocoa powder or a dash of vanilla extract to get a certain taste. You can even add chopped almonds or colorful sprinkles on top if you feel a bit extra. You can certainly let your creative mind run wild with the Cloud Bread – the sky’s the limit!
We know you loved using the Booky app for discovering the newest places in your city. Given these extraordinary times, we want to continue being helpful so check out our updated food delivery guide, where to shop for groceries online, and more.