Don’t snooze, just lose (those calories)!
One way to combat any virus is to keep healthy and keep moving– but how exactly do we do that if we’re stuck in quarantine, you ask?
It’s easy! If you’re also on the lazy side with workouts, you could try these exercises that you can actually just do on your bed! You can even check your social media accounts while you’re at it.
The foundation of some of the following exercises, this exercise has loads of benefits and is a good start after waking up. You can check the steps below:
- Lie on your back with your knees bent, arms on the side, palms flat on the bed, and feet flat on the bed.
- While you exhale, lift your hips up and press your heels into the mattress.
- Inhale, then lower your body back down.
After around 15-20 reps, you’re pretty much warmed up and ready to complete your morning bed workout.
Marching Hip Raises
Slowly wake up your body by starting with your lower body. To do this, just follow these steps:
- Lie straight with your arms on the side, palms facing down on the bed.
- Lift your hips up. Make sure that your body is straight from your knees to your shoulders.
- Lift your right foot up but don’t straighten your leg. Your right knee should be above your right hip.
- Put your right foot back on the bed and alternate with your left leg.
A few reps of these every day and soon you’ll see better-toned butt, abs, and thighs.
Still focused on the lower half of the body, this exercise will make your legs look like the two scissor blades. Here are the steps:
- Lie down with your arms by your sides, palms facing down.
- Lift your feet until they’re both straight up into the air. Don’t forget to point your toes.
- Keeping your legs as straight as you can, bring down your right leg just above the bed.
- Lift it back to the starting position and repeat on the other leg.
If you’re looking to engage your lower abs and legs, this exercise will do.
Also read: How to Stay Motivated for Your Workouts
Lateral Leg Lifts
Time to face to the side, preferably towards the window and get some sunshine while you continue exercising your lower body.
- Lie on one side of your body, the knee on the bed should be bent. Prop your head with your hand.
- Lift the other leg towards the ceiling. Make sure that that leg is straight.
- Lower down that leg but make sure that it doesn’t touch the leg on the bed.
- Do several reps before doing the other leg.
What a more perfect way to strengthen your glutes and hips.
Supine Leg Marches
Now that you’ve got your daily dose of sunshine and admired the photos/posters on your wall, time to go back to your lying position to perform supine leg marches.
- Lie on your back, your arms to your sides, palms flat on the mattresses, and feet flat on the bed.
- Bring your knee towards your chest and stop when it’s in line with your hips.
- Return that foot back to the bed and repeat with the other leg.
Perfect for your glutes and for improving your core stability.
Happy Baby Pose
Let’s move on to a bit of yoga. Check out the following steps to do this position:
- Lie on your back and draw your knees towards your chest.
- Hold your feet with your hands and gently open the knees wide while also pushing your feet towards the ceiling.
Note: Your ankles should be in line with your knees and your knees should be bent but also perpendicular to the floor.
Compared to the other exercises, you don’t do reps of this. Instead, you have to hold the stretch for 20-30 seconds. It’s perfect for stretching your hips.
Check out: Yoga 101: The Differences of Yoga Classes
Diamond Reverse Crunches
Now that you’re more awake, you can take it up a notch with this exercise. To do this exercise, here are the steps:
- Continue lying down straight with your arms on your sides, palms facing down.
- Open your knees and put your feet together. The space in between your knees should look like a diamond.
- Raise your feet over your hips.
- Lift your hips over the bed and lift your feet towards the ceiling.
- Steadily lower your hips – and only hips – back to the bed.
This exercise is perfect for your lower abs and thighs.
Crossover Arm Stretch
Last but not the least, it’s time for you to take a seat and stretch before standing up and starting your day.
- Sit on the edge of your bed.
- Bring your right arm across the body and use your left hand or arm to hold the right arm in place.
- Do the same with the other arm.
This exercise is perfect for stretching your shoulders.
We’re more than just food at Booky and we’re here to give you the lo-down on the best things to do and discover all over Metro Manila—food, fitness, beauty, and more. Download the Booky app for FREE to discover today’s best idea.