Milk tea at home pa more!
During this quarantine, we all have sudden cravings of our favorite ramen, pasta and dessert. That’s why most of us have levelled up our cooking skills at home so we can have a taste of it every now and then. But one thing’s for sure, milk tea cravings are ALWAYS kicking in. That’s why when we heard that Moonleaf has DIY milk tea kits, Wintermelon Milk Tea Kit and Chocolate Milk Tea Kit, we just had to try it out ourselves!
Fun fact: This kit is good for 8 to 10 servings, perfect for you and your family!
We’ll walk you through on how to make your own Chocolate milk tea! It’s simple and fun to make since you can customise the flavor of your milk tea.
Ingredients you’ll find in the kit:
- 1 pack Black Pearls
- 1 bottle Sugar Syrup
- 1 pouch Royal Milk Powder
- 1 pouch Chocolate Powder
- 1 pouch Black Tea Leaves
- 1 pouch Brown Sugar
- 1 bundle of straws
First, prepare your black pearls.
- Bring 3 liters of water to a boil in a large pot with a lid.
- Add black pearls and stir.
- Keep on medium heat and cover.
- Cook for around 35 minutes while stirring occasionally
- Turn off the heat and leave covered for 40 minutes
- Strain the black pearls and leave under running water for 1 minute or until cool enough to handle.
- Dissolve the sugar in 300ml hot water, then pour into the black pearls and stir.
- Divide pearls into 8 tall glasses.
- Store in room temperature and consume within the same day, or place in the freezer and boil for 5 minutes
Then, it’s time to prepare your Chocolate Milk Tea.
- Bring 2 liters of water to a boil, then turn off the heat.
- Add the black tea leaves and stir well.
- Steep for 12 minutes.
- Strain the tea and add the Chocolate Powder and Royal Milk Powder.
- Make sure that the powders are well dissolved.
- Add the sugar syrup and mix well.
- Pour into glasses with pearls and add ice.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
And there you have it, Chocolate Milk Tea! You don’t have to worry anymore if your milk tea cravings suddenly kicks in. You can purchase these milk tea kits on Lazada, Shopee and Moonleaf Tea Shops as well!
We know you loved using the Booky app for discovering the newest places in your city. Given these extraordinary times, we want to continue being helpful during the quarantine so check out our updated food delivery guide, restaurants that just reopened, and where to shop for groceries online, and more.