This recipe? Just a wok in the park!
It’s no joke when we say that Charlie Chan is just one of those fusion dishes that we can never get tired of. Any time we start to order from Yellow Cab, you can bet that with every order, Charlie Chan is there to pair perfectly with any pizza of choice.
If you’re in the mood for cooking up and recreating your favourites like the Charlie Chan pasta, we’ve found the perfect recipe that you can try. It’s good for about 4-5 people and you’ll most probably finish cooking in an hour.
Yellow Cab’s Charlie Chan Food Hack
Here’s the recipe we found from Raymund of angsarap.net,
What you’ll need
For the pasta
- 500 g spaghetti
- 1 whole chicken breast, cubed
- 6 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 cup boiling water
- spring onions, chopped
- peanut oil
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp char siu sauce
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Start with rehydrating the shiitake mushrooms in 1 cup of boiling water for 30 minutes. Afterwards, drain the mushrooms, reserve some of the liquid, and slice them thinly and set aside.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Grab your wok and add in the peanut oil and start to sauté the onions and garlic.
- Add in the chicken and mushrooms then stir fry until the chicken is cooked.
- Now add in the cooked pasta and stir fry for a minute.
- Pour the sauce you prepared awhile ago, add the peanuts, and thoroughly combine everything and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. If you notice it being too dry, you may add some of the mushroom water you set aside in the first step.
- Lastly, garnish your Charlie Chan with chopped spring onions then serve!
We know you loved using the Booky app for discovering the newest places in your city. Given these extraordinary times, we want to continue being helpful so check out our updated food delivery guide, where to shop for groceries online, and more.